28th Vis Moot
18th Vis East
Who Are We?
We are a non-profit organization comprised of academics, professionals, and students who have a common interest in international trade law and arbitration. The Moot Alumni Association was established in 1997 during the 3rd Willem C. Vis Moot Competition in Vienna.
The MAA organizes conferences, legal training and seminars on international trade law and arbitration, connects its members worldwide, introduces potential opportunities in the fields related to the Vis Moot to its members, provides translations of CISG cases, promotes the Vis Moot competitions and publishes the Vindobona Journal.
The MAA organizes conferences on the occasion of the Vis Moot in Vienna and the Vis East in Hong Kong every year. Our Annual Generations in Arbitration Conference, held in both Hong Kong and Vienna, is the longest-standing conference in both Vis East Hong Kong and Vis Vienna.
The MAA organizes legal training sessions worldwide on various topics in international arbitration and trade law. These training sessions are aimed at providing academics, students, and young professionals, with an opportunity to learn and improve their skills by learning from a well-established and experienced academics and/or professionals.
Through its extensive network, the MAA receives information on a variety of unique opportunities in international arbitration and trade law. Stay tuned through our social media channels to receive news about those opportunities.
The MAA is proud to be responsible for organizing social events connecting members with one another worldwide. In particular, the MAA is responsible for organizing the social activities for the Vis Moots in Vienna and Hong Kong, such as the Welcome Party, the Moot Bar, and the Farewell Party.
The MAA Executive Board.
- The ICC is recruiting a Deputy Counsel for one of its case management teams in Paris. The candidate should be fluent in English and Spanish. Deadline to apply: 2 October 2020. Further details here.
- Clifford Chance is looking for an International Arbitration Trainee for its Frankfurt office for a period of 6-12 months. English at a near-native level is required, German is not required but is a plus. Deadline to apply: 25 October 2020. Further details here.
- Levy Kaufmann-Kohler is looking for an international arbitration specialist to be based in Geneva. Practical experience at a Russian law firm and/or arbitral institution, native Russian and fluent English language skills, good knowledge of French and strong writing abilities are required. Further details here.
- Roschier is looking to hire an Associate Lawyers to join its Dispute Resolution team in Stockholm. Deadline to apply: 25 October 2020. Further details here.
- ICSID wishes to hire a Paralegal to join its legal teams. The position requires fluency in English and Spanish. The Paralegal will report to a Team Leader and will work under the general guidance of a Deputy Secretary-General. Further details here.
- Paris Baby Arbitration is looking for contributors, students and young practitioners, for its monthly arbitration newsletter in French and English, Le Biberon. Further details here.
- SCA Ontier LLP is looking to recruit a paralegal with not less than one years’ experience of commercial litigation / international arbitration. Further details here.
- Lalive is looking for an Associate to join its International Arbitration Group in Geneva or London. Further details here.
- The London office of Arnold & Porter is pleased to invite applicants for clerkship roles in the International Arbitration group. Further details here.
- SIAC is looking for an Associate Counsel to assist the Registrar/Deputy Registrar in the administration of SIAC cases. Further details here.
Please refer to our News section to keep up to date on
opportunities provided or supported by the MAA.
Event: Developing your career during the current crisis: Strategies for success
Please join ArbitralWomen and Withersworldwide on Tuesday, 20 October 2020 at 5pm (HKT) for a webinar on “Developing Your Career During the Current Crises: Strategies for Success”
The panel also features an amazing group of speakers: Justin D’Agostino, Kap-You (Kevin) KIM, Dr. Helena H. C. Chen, FCIArb, and Melody Wang and moderated by Sherlin Tung.