29th Vis Moot
19th Vis East
Who Are We?
We are a non-profit organization comprised of academics, professionals, and students who have a common interest in international trade law and arbitration. The Moot Alumni Association was established in 1997 during the 3rd Willem C. Vis Moot Competition in Vienna.
The MAA organizes conferences, legal training and seminars on international trade law and arbitration, connects its members worldwide, introduces potential opportunities in the fields related to the Vis Moot to its members, provides translations of CISG cases, promotes the Vis Moot competitions and publishes the Vindobona Journal.
The MAA organizes conferences on the occasion of the Vis Moot in Vienna and the Vis East in Hong Kong every year. Our Annual Generations in Arbitration Conference, held in both Hong Kong and Vienna, is the longest-standing conference in both Vis East Hong Kong and Vis Vienna.
The MAA organizes legal training sessions worldwide on various topics in international arbitration and trade law. These training sessions are aimed at providing academics, students, and young professionals, with an opportunity to learn and improve their skills by learning from a well-established and experienced academics and/or professionals.
Through its extensive network, the MAA receives information on a variety of unique opportunities in international arbitration and trade law. Stay tuned through our social media channels to receive news about those opportunities.
The MAA is proud to be responsible for organizing social events connecting members with one another worldwide. In particular, the MAA is responsible for organizing the social activities for the Vis Moots in Vienna and Hong Kong, such as the Welcome Party, the Moot Bar, and the Farewell Party.
The MAA Executive Board.
- Arbitration Chambers, founded in 2012 and focusing entirely on international arbitration with offices in London, Hong Kong, and New York, is looking for a full-time arbitration assistant to be based in its London office. To apply, please send a cover letter and short CV to Ms. Sarah Lancaster, Chambers Director: [email protected] by 29 January 2021.
- Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP has a job vacancy for associates in Frankfurt. Applicants should be qualified lawyers with up to 3 years experience. For further details and to apply, see here.
- The Swiss Arbitration Association has a job vacancy for a Marketing Manager based in Geneva. For further details and to apply, see here.
- Baker McKenzie has a job vacancy for a Litigation and Arbitration Intern in Paris. Applicants should note that this opportunity is for the period July-December 2021. More details here.
- Fietta LLP has job vacancies for Interns in London. Applicants should ideally be recently qualified lawyers with a master’s degree and a keen interest in public international law, including investment treaty arbitration. Excellent academics are required. More details here
- Fortior Law S.A. has a job vacancy for an International Arbitration Associate in Geneva. Applicants should have a minimum of two years of international dispute resolution experience, including commercial arbitration, shipping and maritime law, a relevant academic background in international commercial law and international dispute resolution, and be fluent in both English and Russian. More details here
- Peter & Kim has a job vacancy for a Swiss-qualified Associate in Geneva. Applicants should be admitted to the Swiss Bar, have a thorough knowledge of Swiss substantive law and good academics. Applicants should have two to six years of post-qualification experience in the arbitration/litigation department of a Swiss or international law firm. More details here
- Allen & Overy Peerpoint has opportunities for international arbitration consultants in London. Applicants should have 2-5 years of post-qualification experience at a magic circle or top ranked arbitration firm; a commitment to building a career as a self-employed consultant; excellent academics; a practising certificate (or equivalent) entitling them to practise as a lawyer in the UK; and the right to work and reside in the UK. More details here
- White & Case is looking to recruit junior paralegals to join their International Arbitration practice group out of their Paris office. This is a 12 month fixed term contract beginning in March 2021 and may be extended, only once, for a maximum of 6 months. More details here
- Archipel, a boutique law firm based in Paris and Geneva, is recruiting a commercial law and litigation associate for its Geneva office. If you are Swiss-qualified, have two to four years’ experience, a liking for the law, and an excellent level of English, please send your CV at [email protected] Further information can be found here
- The SIAC has a vacancy for a Business Development Manager (Legal). Minimum requirements include a Law Degree and 2 PQE. More details here
- Alvarez & Marsal is looking for a manager to join their forensic disputes& investigations team in Paris. Applicants should have a professional experience of 2-4 years within Forensic Services and be fluent in French and English. Further details here
- Arnold&Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is looking for an arbitration clerk to join their team in London. Further details here
- Paris Baby Arbitration is looking for contributors, students and young practitioners, for its monthly arbitration newsletter in French and English, Le Biberon. Further details here.
- Lalive is looking for an Associate to join its International Arbitration Group in Geneva or London. Further details here.
- The London office of Arnold & Porter is pleased to invite applicants for clerkship roles in the International Arbitration group. Further details here.
Please refer to our News section to keep up to date on
opportunities provided or supported by the MAA.
Opportunity: Assistant, Arbitration Chambers
Dear MAA Members,
Arbitration Chambers, founded in 2012 and focusing entirely on international arbitration with offices in London, Hong Kong, and New York, is looking for a full-time arbitration assistant to be based in its London office.
The candidate will assist Arbitration Chambers’ excellent independent arbitrators across a wide range of cases. The candidate will also have opportunities to act as Tribunal Secretary for appropriate cases, thereby building his/her own profile.
More details can be found in the enclosed flyer.
To apply, please send a cover letter and short CV to Ms. Sarah Landcaster, Chambers Director: [email protected] by 29 January 2021.
ICDR Diversity Scholarship Fund
Dear MAA Members,
The AAA-ICDR Foundation has established a Diversity Scholarship Fund, which was made possible through a special gift by the American Arbitration Association.
The fund grants diverse law students/professionals with up to US$ 2,000 of financial assistance towards participation in a degree program or fellowship in alternative dispute resolution or attendance at a well-recognized conference. The mission of the Diversity Scholarship Fund is to encourage diversity and inclusion within the field of ADR by supporting the pursuit of knowledge and skill development through training experiences that encourage inclusive leadership growth in the field of ADR.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly until appropriated funds are expended. Please click the link for the application and instructions
Event: 2021 MAA Inaugural Speaker Series
We are proud to announce the second session of the MAA Inaugural Speaker Series where Prof. Dr. Ingeborg Schwenzer will deliver a speech on the benefits and concerns of the CISG on February 5th, 2021.
The event is free of charge for the paid MAA members and only EUR 10 for the free MAA members and non-MAA members!
5th AIAC Pre-Moot
Dear MAA members,
We are proud to support the 5th AIAC Virtual Pre-Moot that will take place on 5-7 March 2021.
Arbitrators of the final round include honorable Prof. Dr Ingeborg Schwenzer and Dr. Christopher Boog
AIAC YPG will also host a Virtual Conference on 3 March 2021