28th Vis Moot
18th Vis East
Who Are We?
We are a non-profit organization comprised of academics, professionals, and students who have a common interest in international trade law and arbitration. The Moot Alumni Association was established in 1997 during the 3rd Willem C. Vis Moot Competition in Vienna.
The MAA organizes conferences, legal training and seminars on international trade law and arbitration, connects its members worldwide, introduces potential opportunities in the fields related to the Vis Moot to its members, provides translations of CISG cases, promotes the Vis Moot competitions and publishes the Vindobona Journal.
The MAA organizes conferences on the occasion of the Vis Moot in Vienna and the Vis East in Hong Kong every year. Our Annual Generations in Arbitration Conference, held in both Hong Kong and Vienna, is the longest-standing conference in both Vis East Hong Kong and Vis Vienna.
The MAA organizes legal training sessions worldwide on various topics in international arbitration and trade law. These training sessions are aimed at providing academics, students, and young professionals, with an opportunity to learn and improve their skills by learning from a well-established and experienced academics and/or professionals.
Through its extensive network, the MAA receives information on a variety of unique opportunities in international arbitration and trade law. Stay tuned through our social media channels to receive news about those opportunities.
The MAA is proud to be responsible for organizing social events connecting members with one another worldwide. In particular, the MAA is responsible for organizing the social activities for the Vis Moots in Vienna and Hong Kong, such as the Welcome Party, the Moot Bar, and the Farewell Party.
The MAA Executive Board.
- Postacıoğlu Law Firm is looking for a senior associate to join their litigation team in Istanbul. Applicants must have a minimum 10 years of experience in a reputable law firm or a multinational company. Further details here
- Berkeley Research Group LLC is looking for a consultant to join their team in New York.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship. Further details here
- Alvarez & Marsal is looking for a manager to join their forensic disputes& investigations team in Paris. Applicants should have a professional experience of 2-4 years within Forensic Services and be fluent in French and English. Further details here
- Arnold&Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is looking for an arbitration clerk to join their team in London. Further details here
- Levy Kaufmann-Kohler is looking for an international arbitration specialist to be based in Geneva. Practical experience at a Russian law firm and/or arbitral institution, native Russian and fluent English language skills, good knowledge of French and strong writing abilities are required. Further details here.
- ICSID wishes to hire a Paralegal to join its legal teams. The position requires fluency in English and Spanish. The Paralegal will report to a Team Leader and will work under the general guidance of a Deputy Secretary-General. Further details here.
- Paris Baby Arbitration is looking for contributors, students and young practitioners, for its monthly arbitration newsletter in French and English, Le Biberon. Further details here.
- SCA Ontier LLP is looking to recruit a paralegal with not less than one years’ experience of commercial litigation / international arbitration. Further details here.
- Lalive is looking for an Associate to join its International Arbitration Group in Geneva or London. Further details here.
- The London office of Arnold & Porter is pleased to invite applicants for clerkship roles in the International Arbitration group. Further details here.
- SIAC is looking for an Associate Counsel to assist the Registrar/Deputy Registrar in the administration of SIAC cases. Further details here.
Please refer to our News section to keep up to date on
opportunities provided or supported by the MAA.
5th AIAC Pre-Moot
Dear MAA members,
We are proud to support the 5th AIAC Virtual Pre-Moot that will take place on 5-7 March 2021.
Arbitrators of the final round include honorable Prof. Dr Ingeborg Schwenzer and Dr. Christopher Boog
AIAC YPG will also host a Virtual Conference on 3 March 2021
ICDR Diversity Scholarship Fund
Dear MAA Members,
The AAA-ICDR Foundation has established a Diversity Scholarship Fund, which was made possible through a special gift by the American Arbitration Association.
The fund grants diverse law students/professionals with up to US$ 2,000 of financial assistance towards participation in a degree program or fellowship in alternative dispute resolution or attendance at a well-recognized conference. The mission of the Diversity Scholarship Fund is to encourage diversity and inclusion within the field of ADR by supporting the pursuit of knowledge and skill development through training experiences that encourage inclusive leadership growth in the field of ADR.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed quarterly until appropriated funds are expended. Please click the link for the application and instructions